The Problem with Text Heavy Website Design
Imagine walking into a room filled with people talking all at once. Overwhelming, isn’t it? That’s how users feel when they land on a website that’s crammed with text. It’s hard to focus, and the key messages get lost in the noise. But don’t worry, we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeve to tackle this issue.
Incorporating Images into Text Heavy Design
One of the easiest ways to break up large chunks of text is by incorporating images. Here’s how you can do it in Elementor:
- Click on the text where you want to insert the image.
- Click on ‘Add Media’ and select the image you want to insert.
- Adjust the size of the image by dragging its corners.
- Decide on the alignment of the image. You can align it to the left, right, or center.
Remember, the image should complement the text and not distract the reader. So, choose images that are relevant and not too flashy.
Using Columns for Text Display
Another neat trick to make text-heavy content more digestible is by using columns. Here’s how you can create columns in Elementor:
- Click on the text block you want to divide into columns.
- Click on ‘Columns’ in the text editor.
- Select the number of columns you want. Two or three columns usually work well.
Adding Background Images to Text Heavy Website Design
Adding a background image can add depth and visual interest, making the text pop. Here’s how you can add a background image in Elementor:
- Click on the container where you want to add the background image.
- Go to ‘Style’ and then ‘Background Overlay’.
- Click on ‘Add Image’ and select the image you want to use as the background.
- Adjust the opacity of the image to ensure that the text is still readable.
Breaking Text into Sections with Background Styling
Breaking text into sections with different background styles can make the content more engaging. Here’s how you can do it in Elementor:
- Divide your text into different text editors.
- For each text editor, go to ‘Style’ and select a different background style.
Using Icons to Break Up Text
Icons can guide the reader’s attention and break up the monotony of the text. Here’s how you can add icons into the text using Elementor:
- Click on the text where you want to insert the icon.
- Click on ‘Add Icon’ and select the icon you want to insert.
- Adjust the size and alignment of the icon.
Using Divider Lines and Underlining
Divider lines and underlining can add flavor and make the content more appealing. Here’s how you can add divider lines and underlining in Elementor:
- Click on the text where you want to add a divider line or underline.
- Click on ‘Add Divider Line’ or ‘Underline’.
- Adjust the thickness and color of the line.
So, there you go! With these tips and tricks, you can transform a text-heavy website into a visually appealing and engaging user experience. Remember, the key is to break up the text and add visual elements to guide the reader’s attention. So, go ahead and give these techniques a try!