Wondering how to make your text in Elementor clickable? Well, today we’re showing you exactly that. We’ll cover how to link Elementor text and also how to make those links open in a new tab. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and get started!
Elementor is a fantastic tool for building websites. One of its many features is the ability to make text clickable, which is super useful for your site’s navigation. We’ll also touch on how to make those links open in a new tab.
Opening a Page in Elementor
Before you can link Elementor text, you’ll need a page to work on. You can either edit an existing page or create a new one.
- Open your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Pages and select the page you want to edit.
- Click on “Edit with Elementor.”
You’re now ready to start editing!
How to Link Elementor Text
- Find the text you want to make clickable.
- Highlight it.
Adding the Link
- With the text highlighted, click on the link icon that appears.
- A small box will pop up. Enter the URL you want to link to.
- Press Enter.
Your text is now a clickable link.
Styling the Link
If you want your link to stand out, you can change its style.
- Go to the styling options in Elementor.
- Adjust the colors, hover effects, etc., as you like.
Adding Links Using the Editor on the Left
You can also add links using the editor on the left-hand side.
- Highlight the text you want to make clickable.
- Click on the link icon in the editor on the left.
- Add the URL and hit Enter.
Viewing the Changes on the Front End
After adding your links, you’ll want to see how they look on the front end of your website.
- Click on “Update” in Elementor to save your changes.
- Preview your page to see your clickable text in action.
Making Links Open in a New Tab
Accessing Link Options
- In Elementor, find the link you want to edit.
- Click on the pencil icon next to it.
- Then click on the gear icon that appears.
Enabling “Open in a New Tab”
- Look for the option that says “Open in a New Tab.”
- Enable it.
Now, when someone clicks on this link, it’ll open in a new tab, keeping your website open in the original tab.
Linking to Internal Pages
If you want to link to other pages on your own site, Elementor makes it easy.
- Highlight the text for linking.
- Click on the link icon.
- Start typing the name of the page you want to link to.
- Elementor will show you a list of matching pages. Click on the one you want.
You now know how to link Elementor text and make those links open in a new tab. It’s a small but impactful way to improve your site’s navigation. Have fun experimenting!