Connecting Office 365 to WordPress enhances the reliability of email communications—a fundamental component of successful client interactions in any online business. This integration ensures that all emails, including contact form submissions and notifications from your WordPress site, are routed through Microsoft 365, leveraging its robust infrastructure to minimize issues like undelivered emails or messages caught in spam filters.
Please make sure you have the following installed and activated:
- Microsoft 365 subscription with a custom domain
- Access to your hosting provider’s DNS settings
- Fluent SMTP
Getting Started with Microsoft 365
Before diving into the world of email management with Microsoft 365, you must first secure a subscription if you haven’t already. Here’s how to get started:
- Navigate to the Microsoft 365 subscription page.
- Choose the Microsoft 365 plan that suits your business needs, focusing on business-class email and additional benefits like cloud storage and Office web apps.
- Select either a yearly or monthly billing cycle and fill in your details to set up the account.
Validating Your Domain
With your Microsoft 365 ready, the next crucial step is validating your domain to ensure it’s ready to send emails.
- Initiate the setup by selecting ‘Setup email with custom domain’ in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- Add your domain name and follow the instructions to create DNS records through your hosting provider.
- Verify your domain with Microsoft to establish authenticity.
Adding DNS Records
Creating accurate DNS records is essential for routing emails correctly through Microsoft 365.
- Add an MX record with priority zero to ensure Microsoft 365 handles your emails.
- Modify or create CNAME records, like ‘autodiscover’, to help clients automatically find the correct mail server.
- Update SPF TXT records to include Microsoft’s servers, which helps prevent your emails from being marked as spam.
Connect WordPress to Microsoft 365
With your domain set up, it’s time to link your WordPress site to Microsoft 365.
- Log into your WordPress site and install the Fluent SMTP plugin.
- Configure Fluent SMTP with your Microsoft 365 email address and desired sender name.
- Authenticate your WordPress site with Microsoft by creating an app registration in the Microsoft Azure portal and getting the required credentials.
- Test the email delivery within the Fluent SMTP settings to confirm everything is working correctly.
Connect Office 365 to WordPress – Conclusion
By following the above steps, you’ve successfully connected your WordPress site to Microsoft 365, ensuring reliable delivery of all your emails. This setup not only professionalizes your email communications but also gives you peace of mind, knowing that your business correspondence is in good hands.