Triggering a Breakdance Popup when your mouse moves to exit a webpage can significantly improve user engagement and reduce bounce rates. This tutorial will guide you through creating this interactive feature using the Breakdance Builder.
Please make sure you have the following installed and activated:
Why Use a Mouse to Exit Popup
The concept of an exit-intent popup is rooted in behavioral psychology, where the popup acts as a last-minute engagement opportunity. It’s especially useful in e-commerce and content marketing strategies, offering promotions, newsletters, or reminders as users are about to leave the site.
- Navigate to Breakdance > Popups and click on ‘Add Popup’.
- Set the popup settings:
- Name your popup, for instance, “Demo Popup”.
- Set the location to ‘Everywhere’.
- Under ‘Popup Opens When’, set the trigger on ‘Mouse Moves to Exit’.
- Edit your popup with Breakdance and design it by adding elements, or paste a pre-designed popup.
- Save your changes and exit to the front end.
- Test the popup by moving your mouse towards the top of the browser window as if to exit.
Breakdance Popup when Mouse Moves to Exit – Conclusion
By following these simple steps, you can create a captivating and engaging Breakdance popup that activates when a user’s mouse moves to exit. This feature not only enhances the user experience but also provides a creative avenue to present last-minute offers or information.